Nicole H Lal

Verified Reviewer

No help with getting card issue handled

I have two gift cards and need to take money off them. I did not know about stores closing down.

I would like to receive some type of help with this.

If you can help, please contact me at 918428**** or by email - nicolehunsicker6@***.com. Thank you!

Preferred solution: Help receiving money off of gift card

Christina D Qku

| map-marker Gurnee, Illinois

Proper return not accepted

Rue21 - Proper return not accepted
Rue21 - Proper return not accepted - Image 2

Made a purchase 2 May and went in to return on 20 May and was told I could not because company closing its stores. Last day to return was 16 May.

How am I suppose to know after purchasing that I needed to return any items by 16th if I am not at the mall to see the signs. On my receipt it says 60 days return policy.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Stylish
Cons:
  • I could not make my return when i followed the return policy

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Check company financials to make sure they stable

lanique w

| map-marker Independence, Missouri

I witnessed terrible customer service

Rue21 - I witnessed terrible customer service
Rue21 - I witnessed terrible customer service - Image 2

I'd like to report terrible customer service.will this be the right place to do so I experienced at a bad day with your employees at the independence mall in Kansas city Missouri. I was there with my son and your employees aliliania her associate# 452629and mckinzzie cursed me and my son out because he wanted to get 3 shirts and one free and they felt he messed up the shirts by looking trying to choose which ones to get and they were rude standing behind the cashier register for 20 minutes having a field day talking about him not helping at all laughing and using foul language. you will see it on camera it was terrible my son is traumatized and I never wanna go back there again.im also a loyal customer.please let me know how I can take care of this matter.

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: as we all know the customer is always right. don't let the employee go back and forth with you just leave and don't purchase anything. that was my mistake I still bought items after there Nast customer service

Marcelline Syr

Why are you talking about how you like to groom and fondle your own son. That is DISGUSTING.

He is your son for crying out loud.

He is a child FInd someone your own age. DISGUSTING excuse of a mom.

Marcelline Syr

You really need to work on your English before calling me stupid. Unlike you I can spell, use proper grammar and punctuate.

This means I am smarter than you. If I am stupid what does that make YOU. Imagine someone who is "stupid' is smarter than you. Words like Independence Mall, CITY, Alilanna, and McKinzee need to start with a capital letter.

Proper English is saying MY SON AND I, not me and my son. Someone who is no smarter than a first grader should not be calling others stupid and THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT GROW UP..

Marcelline Syr

otwear and ClothingRue21 11Review #565**** Rue21 - I witnessed terrible customer service Advertisements Feb 26, 2024 Verified Buyer Verified Reviewer New Reviewer 10 comments I'd like to report terrible customer service.will this be the right place to do so I experienced at a bad day with your employees at the independence mall in Kansas city Missouri. I was there with my son and your employees aliliania her associate# 452629and mckinzzie cursed me and my son out because he wanted to get 3 shirts and one free and they felt he messed up the shirts by looking trying to choose which ones to get and they were rude standing behind the cashier register for 20 minutes having a field day talking about him not helping at all laughing and using foul language.

you will see it on camera it was terrible my son is traumatized and I never wanna go back there again. I'm also a loyal customer.please let me know how I can take care of this matter. You need to work on your English before calling me stupid. I have better English than you.

Aillanna. is ONE PERSON so you should have called her an employee, not employee. The word I'm needs an apostrophe. Proper English is saying MY SON AND I, not me and my son.

Someone who is no smarter than a first grader should not be calling others stupid and THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT GROW UP. .

Marcelline Syr

You said 20 minutes, You changed your story.

Guest

In my opinion, you sound 100 percent like a scam artist. A normal, logical thinking person would immediately remove themselves and any of their children from an upsetting scene.

You chose to hang out, on purpose, because a new scheme was probably forming in your head on how to get something for nothing, in a dishonest way. Knock if off with the "customer is always right". That's a slogan from the late 1800s and was in regards to matters of taste, not a grifter at Rue21 in 2024. When have you ever been always right?

NEVER! People like you use that line to excuse inappropriate requests and toxic behavior.

You are disgusting and you come across as unhinged. And, if you don't like people making comments, don't post on public internet forums!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2491234

Not only is she unhinged, she is STUPID. She is scamming them because this STUPID WOMAN spent more that she can afford.

Probably wants a discount because she cannot afford to feed her son.

LOOK AT ALL HER SPELLING AND GRAMMAR ERRORS. CLEARLY SHE IS STUPID AND A FIRST GRADE CHILD IS SMARTER THAN SHE IS.

Marcelline Syr

You are NOT entitled to a price reduction. If you cannot afford to buy all the clothing he wanted DO NOT buy the clothes that you cannot afford.

Also teach your son manners. not to mess up all the shirts. GROW UP THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT.

You need to teach your son manners and decency. He was upset because no one ever told him NO.

Guest
reply icon Replying to comment of Marcelline Syr

Obviously, I can’t afford it. I wouldn’t be there if I couldn’t stupid go somewhere with your comments because you weren’t there, so *** a fat one go tell somebody that cares about your comment because I don’t raggedy ann

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2490986

IF you could afford it you would not be asking for a price reduction. YOU are the STUPID ONE. IS that how you talk to your son?

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2490986

You spent your money foolishly. You could not afford it and want your money back because it was too much for you.

View more comments (18)
KaSaundra C

Store closed before business hours rude manager

I'm at 3404 Fairlane Drive and the store manager snatched the door closed on me, claiming they were closed before they are supposed to be. The store isn't due to close until 6pm and I arrived at the store at 5:07pm.

After informing the staff that they're still supposed to be open, multiple staff members and the manager became irate and turned me, along with many other customers, away. This store is closing, and I see why!

I love Rue 21; the quality of the clothes is pretty good with a great selection. The choice in employees, however, is very poor!

Preferred solution: Gift card or coupon or something the way we all were treated was beyond insane!

Pamela C Qll

What time do your store open up

The person at the Alexandria Mall said she isn't opening the store for another hour because of rules people follow.

map-marker Poplar Grove, Illinois

ORDER PROBLEM

IM SO UPSET THE RUN AROUND IM GETTING. NO ONE CAN FIND MY ORDER YET YOU TOOK THE MONEY. IVE SPENT HOURS WITH THIS

User's recommendation: BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE

Benjamin H Uqp

| map-marker Abilene, Texas

Terrible staff including District management

Had my wife stop in with a paper that just needed to be signed to verify I no longer work for this terrible company. The new SM was my full time ASM and apparently was out for my job constantly talking bad about me behind my back and smiling to my face.

Apparently she is so upset she wont even sign the paper I need to prove im not an employee anymore.

What a rude backstabbing terrible person. Karma will get her tho.

Cons:
  • No training
  • Terrible management

Preferred solution: I would love to see the new "SM" and the terrible "DM" to get the karma they already have coming.

User's recommendation: Just stay away from this garbage store. Kids should cover up more anyways

Dorian W Ofe

| map-marker Cincinnati, Ohio

Upset customer

Today I visited store 942 on glenway Ave in Cincinnati ohio. I was picking up an order my daughter ordered online.

Half of my daughters order was canceled. However the Manager Lori stated to me that she couldnt give me my daughters order because I wasnt my daughter. I explained to Lori that my daughter was at practice she stated to me that they were open until 5 pm. I asked Lori how will my daughter be able to pick up her order because she doesnt have a photo Id.

Lori then stated to me that she would be able to verify my daughters online order by asking her questions about the order. My daughter school was close by I picked her up from practice. My daughter went in the store Lori still would not give her her order. She had the nerve to ask my daughter how she got out of practice so fast.

She also asked my daughter to give her phone so she could scroll the her contacts and email. Im highly upset and annoyed that my daughter and I were disrespected and didnt receive the items we purchased. Nor have the money been returned to her her gift card. Lori told me to get out and to also get a job assuming that I was unemployed is so disgusting.

This is my daughters favorite store and we spend money here all the time.

Im so disgusted and disappointed that we were mistreated in such a manner. Lori needs more training.

Maryssa H Avq

| map-marker Mountain Top, Pennsylvania

I never got my order

Rue21 - I never got my order

I never got my order it says that everything was shipped and delivered it wasnt I have been trying to contact you guys for a while now and I still havent heard anything back yet. Please can someone get back to me please? My number is (272) 223-**** Id really appreciate it if I can speak to someone about this because I paid a lot of money for my items and never got any of them.

map-marker Richmond, Virginia

Contact Payroll Department

I was supposed to get paid today but there is no direct deposit in my account. I called my bank and they said to check with payroll department of Rue21.

I have been contacting you all, but i cant get in contact with anyone. I need to speak with someone immediately, about back pay or something to prevent me from going to extraordinary measures.

Judy H Tut

Pay My bill

Can't even talk to a person to talk about your bill that's pretty pathetic.

What is wrong with all theses companies they want you to shop at there stores they want there money but tough cookies if you thr consumer wants to ask questions or pay a bill that they want soooo bad but don't want to give you the time of day .

They want you to go online so sick of online to take care of my bills because the computers always mess up my bills then i have to call write , emails, you name it to get it straightened out this is beyond frustrating and get beyond old .

Computers make to many mistakes and the companies argue with you about the problem which is also frustrating no computer is perfect never has never will be

Pros:
  • No customer service personnel to talk to when you call the number

Preferred solution: Like to talk to a customer service representative on the phone not a email not a chat , not a letter

map-marker Riverside, California

Refund

I was trying to get a refund on two bras I bought at one of your locations in Hesperia, California they informed me that I could not get a refund on them because they were bras, but nowhere on your receipt say that. I am disappointed on in this because you can take a swimsuit bottoms back but not the bras I didn't even wear because they didn't fit, it really doesn't make sense. Furthermore, I do not want the bras they don't fit.

Patricia T Bgw

Verified Reviewer

Have not received partial of my order its been sitting at a fedex facility for 6 days with no movement only 30 to 40 minutes from me

Haven't received partial of my order was told by fedex to contact the shipper order is over due for delivery

Loss:

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Communicating with the customer check to see if they received their orders

marie d Tib

Rudeness

the store in deer park their manager there candice was very rude and nasty needs to be fired. all they did was stand around and not help me and follow me arround.

Linda R Ugz

Stolen card

My purse was stolen today and my rue 21 card was in there. I need it cancelled please or different one with a different number

Pros:
  • Great pants for teenagers

Preferred solution: My cards been stolen

Emily H Npl

Verified Reviewer

Did not receive any packages

Keep going around with emails with them i never got my package. They state two received but i got none.

Cons:
  • Never get packages

Preferred solution: Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article